Friday, March 7, 2008

Last Weekend

OK, so here it is, midnight on Friday night and I'm finally getting around to posting about our fun weekend, LAST weekend. I could blame it on the fact that I've been really busy at school this week with exam writing (I know, we've had 3.5 weeks of school and already we're making exams - amazing) or the fact that Keanu's been going to bed late, exhausting me. But instead let's just say I've been busy hanging out with this little cutie instead of spending time online.

Kevin has resumed teaching private lessons on non-rainy Saturday afternoons at one of the universities, so the plan is for Keanu and I (and Yoyo when she's here) to go along and hang out on campus or the surrounding area. Last weekend was the first weekend, and we found a tree for Yoyo to climb and a pond with a bunch of waterfowl. Plus, we got a chance to have tea with Eve, always a joy.

On Sunday, we decided to enjoy YangMingShan flower festival with some good friends. YangMing Mountain's plum trees blossom every spring, but this year they're a bit slow because of the cold weather. We did get a chance to see some other nice flowers of some sort but most importantly, Keanu had a chance to practice walking outside with shoes. Since he was sick off-and-on for the month after taking his first steps, he really hasn't gotten much chance for serious practice. Plus, he knew that it was faster and more fun to pull on someone's fingers until s/he came along rather than do it himself. He's just now really getting the hang of this walking business.

At any rate, he had a fantastic Sunday afternoon and got to see some of his favorite things: other kids! (although you wouldn't know it by the pictures - all we have is pics of Keanu!)




No comments: