Monday, March 31, 2008

Raising a Teenager??

Teaching teenagers, the common pasttimes that I always hear are sleeping late in the mornings, playing computer games, and playing basketball. Well, Keanu's getting a head start on all three.


I'm getting pretty worn out by his sleeping habits: Up around 10 am, 2 hour nap after lunch, another short nap around 5, and then up until 11 or 12 or maybe even 1. That's exhausting on his mom who gets up for work before 7. Last week he omitted the late afternoon nap and I kept him up until the late hour of 8pm, but then he only slept an hour and was raring to go again until 1! Even waking him up in the morning doesn't work since he's owly after not sleeping enough overnight and just goes back to sleep.


One of his new favorite things to do is look at pictures and videos of himself on the computer. Of course he can't do it himself, but he likes to try. He treats the computer like his piano keyboard and just taps away!



Another favorite is anything that involves balls. We were at the mall a couple of weeks ago and stopped at the toy store for some fun. He watched the bigger kids for a while, and then he was ready for his shot. SLAM DUNK! The next Michael Jordan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Keanu, I think Michael Jordan has the basketball hoop a "little" ways above his head, rather than waist-high.