Our lunchtime conversations get pretty interesting sometimes, but this week I've already learned alot.
First, did you know that we're all getting free medication through the water we drink - blood pressure meds, anti-depressants, vitamins... Yes, at lunch today I learned how our bodies don't process all the meds we take and even the treatment plants don't take it out. Hmmm, interesting...
As I was driving home after school, I had the radio on the only English station on the island and I caught the lifestyle news. It seems our tax dollars are going to good use. Those of you who have been here to visit know that many of the traffic lights have counters that count down the seconds remaining before the light changes. Well, the counters on the green lights have dramatically increased the number of accidents while the red ones have decreased them. Thus, the plan is to eliminate the ones on the green lights, which means no more little green men running across the street.
In yesterday's lifestyle report Minnesota made the news. You're going to love this one! In response to the smoking ban on restaurants, several MN bars have found a loophole in the "performers clause". Since perfromers are exempt from the law, these bars are making patrons performers in productions like the Tobacco Monologues. I can just imagine a bar with a stage for smokers. I wonder what they do for an encore?
3 comments:
I heard about the loophole, too, but I hadn't heard what exactly it was. Since we don't get any MN news here, maybe someone can inform those of us who don't get regular access to MN news.
Ohh, you should stick to the cute Keanu rather than dip into lunchtime conversations! Next you'll be posting Tom's poems and dream. lol I hadn't heard that about the green man tho.
On this side of 'the big pond' we're told not to flush old unused prescriptions down the toilet anymore because they get into the ground water which is then drawn back into our wells. We didn't get the part about it not being processed by our bodies.
Just thought Julie would like to get more info on the "lunchtime conversations".
Post a Comment