You know the old saying about March coming in like a lamb and going out like a lion? Well, I guess that's really true this year in our household. I know it's supposed to refer to the weather, which also turned cold and rainy yesterday, but I guess it also refers to our lives.
Actually, coming home from school today, I was thinking about what a great day it had been. Today was the due date to turn in hand-written report cards with unique comments for all 150 of my students. Sounds backwards in this technology driven world and nation, but I guess the sloppy handwriting is on the wall. Anyway, I figure I do about 15 in an hour, so although my math isn't great, even I know that's a heck of a long time writing comments. I had some extra free time last Friday to start, plus a Keanu nap both Saturday and Sunday, and 3.5 hours this morning before he woke up, so I actually got them all done in time. Now if that's not a great feeling, I don't know what is!
Then I arrived home... Kevin had been trying to call me to give me a ride home from work, but dialing my number reached someone else's phone. We still haven't figured out that dilemna. Then he shared the news about the car. Last night we were leaving a parking garage when the bottom of the car scraped the pavement. Not thinking much of it, we continued on. 15 minutes later, while driving down the highway, the car started making loud noises and then died. We have free towing and towed the car back home since it was Sunday night and no service stations were open. Today, Kevin went to take care of the problem and discovered that at the last oil change, the wrong parts were used and the scraping we heard was the oil can opening onto the pavement. Obviously that's not a good thing and it looks like another expensive trip to the repair shop. Whoever said Volvos last forever must have been a Volvo repairman who knows that anything can last forever as long as you can get parts for it.
On top of all of that, it's cold and rainy and it's supposed to hold up all week. I guess it beats the snow that some readers are still trying to melt!
No comments:
Post a Comment