Last week we made a purchase that I'd been wanting for quite some time - a bread maker! The first two attempts last week resulted in yummy bread with collapsed domes, but finally tonight we had success. I'm not sure if the success today was a result of the different recipe, the "nicety" flour, or the fact that I was waiting for it to beep so I could take it out right away (although the instructions say that you can leave it in the machine for up to 60 minutes after baking without problems).
Whatever the reason, we're quite happy with the results. Although I have to admit, even the failed attempts were pretty tasty. By the time I went to bed after making the first failed attempt last week, I decided my loaf looked like it had been through a whole congregation for communion!
What lies ahead? Definitely more bread, but also the possibility of pizza, buns that I can bake in my oven, and probably a stop to my shrinking waistline. There's even a setting for making jam!
2 comments:
Nice . . . Just slip in the part about the shrinking waistline! Now we're really jealous!
Yep, I gained about 10 kg while pregnant and lost about 15 since he was born. The only reason I can think of is chasing a busy toddler who's running everywhere!
Post a Comment