Monday: grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup
Tuesday: Chicken Cacciatore and pasta
Wednesday: oven fried chicken and vegetables
Thursday or Friday: Chicken Pot Pie or hot chicken sandwiches (I think I'll need the recipe from Mom, though!)
Notice a theme here? Chicken! After the last trip to Costco, the gigantic packages of meat were thrown in the freezer without being divided first. That means I've got 2.5 kg of chicken thighs defrosting in my fridge right now that needs to be cooked before it goes bad. With Kevin teaching most nights, it'll be a lot of chicken for Keanu and I to eat... Do you think we can do it? What's your favorite chicken recipe?
7 comments:
Hey, cook extra and give some to me! Looking for ways to avoid the W. lunch.
I love chicken and gravy over baking powder biscuits.
You can do it! :-) I like Sherry Chicken: combine 1 can cr of mush soup, 1 can mushrooms, 1c. sour cream & 1/2c cooking sherry. Cut up chicken (leave raw) and put in micro-safe bowl. Pour mixture over top. Cover with vented saran wrap and microwave 15 min at 50% power. Stir & recover. Microwave 15 min at 50% power. Serve over rice or noodles.
Also like Parmesan Crusted Chicken: Combine 1/2c mayo, 1/4c parmesan cheese. Spread on chicken. Sprinkle with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
Both recipes call for 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, but I don't see why you couldn't make them with other parts of the chx.
I love good old chicken salad in a wrap.
Mix Miracle whip, lemon juice, pepper, and dried onion flakes together. Toss in halved grapes, celery and chunks of chicken! Yummy!
Here's the requested recipe from Mom:
Cook and cut up the chicken; add 1 can cream of chicken soup (cr. of celery or mushroom can work, too) plus the broth from cooking the chicken.
Looks pretty simple, but it's quick and tasty!
Dad says you should use the recipe that Alice and Lilas always used for making "Pressed Chicken", so I found that recipe for you, too:
Cook chicken until tender. Cut from bones and grind. (Bet you don't have a food grinder, do you?) Add some of the broth and cook with the chicken until the broth has been cooked down. Pour into a mold (bread pan works) and cool. Cut and serve cold or use as a spread in a sandwich.
Thanks for all of your great suggestions!
We've had two delicious chicken meals (or at least I thought so). I was going to make the crust for the pot pie for tomorrow and realized I've only got cake flour, bread flour, and whole wheat flour in the house. Oops. I guess maybe it'll be sandwich filling over biscuits instead tomorrow.
Post a Comment