Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A tale of two weddings, part 1

On April 10, we were lucky enough to attend two weddings. The first one was for a good friend of mine, Amanda, and her new hubby YuanKuei. Actually, they were married in California last fall so the ceremony this month was the Taiwanese one. Here's the beautiful bride.

And her lovely gown - that she doesn't have to store forever or try to figure out what she'll do with it afterwards since it's rented - a fabulous Taiwanese tradition, I might add!

And the groom.

And then she changed into this gorgeous gown.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the last gown - a brilliant red color that accentuated her already thin waist - as this was the state of my daughter by the end of the luncheon. She'd had a bit of a nap at the beginning, but that just wasn't enough.

Congratulations Amanda and YuanKuei!

2 comments:

Bakuchiku said...

Oh, Brenda!!! That is so wonderful, thanks for sharing the link with me I love the article ^^ Though I should be more careful when making funny faces at Yuan Kuei!!!!

Brenda said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Amanda! I thought you looked great and were having a great time with the man of your dreams!