Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hello, LA!

We're on our pilgrimage to the motherland and are enjoying LA for a few more hours. Here are some quotables from the first leg of our trip:

"Mommy, I want to go shopping."
- Kate, as we were pacing the airport waiting for our first flight. I guess she didn't think looking in the duty free shops was shopping.

"I want to fly my airplane!"
- Kate, as she was stuck sitting in her economy class seat instead of the captain's cabin. This was followed by tears and further attempts to fly the plane. She looked all over for the place to drive the plane. At least by the time we got to the second flight she realized her seat was acceptable and that she wouldn't be flying the plane.

"Where's the slide?"
- Kate, as she was looking around the airplane. The flight attendant told her it was stuck in the door, but that she hoped we wouldn't have to use it. This was somewhere around 39,000 feet.

"The plane is turning... Now we're going down."
- Keanu, from his aisle seat.

"And then we can walk to Grandma's house?"
-Keanu, when we arrived in LA and didn't go right to Grandma's house.

"What kind of plane will take us to Grandma's house? I think it's a green one."
- Keanu, when looking at all the different kind of airplanes in LA. I'm not sure where he got that idea since we didn't see any green ones there.

"When we get to Grandma's new house, I want to be the first one to go in."
- Keanu, in LA

"Mommy, where's my grandma? I want to see my grandma."
- Kate, in LA

No comments: