Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dumpling makin' party

Yesterday we went to Julie's house to make some Chinese dumplings. OK, the women put the fumplings together while the guys chatted and "watched" the kids. I learned that the guys who make dumplings in the dumpling shops can make theirs much prettier than I could, but then as my students tell me, "practice makes perfect". I'd probably make beautiful dumplings quickly, too, if that's all I did all day. I like my life much better.


The kids had a great time, too. The big girls locked themselves in the bedroom to play with barbies so the little boys wouldn't bother them and eat the shoes. The three little boys enjoyed running around and playing with toys. Being 1 and 2 years old, they only played "together" for about 3 minutes. They had quite a time trying to keep all of their eggs in one basket. (Yes, Keanu forgot to put his shorts back on after changing his diaper. Silly boy!)


Thanks for a good time, Julie!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what we had for lunch, lol! Cutie pie Keanu is invited over anytime. His parents can come too.

B Haack said...

That looks like such a good time. You must really have some good friends there!