Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's New?

Ok, so I've been a bit delayed in updating you all on all the exciting things that are happening in our lives. Kevin's been teaching private lessons in the evenings (after the sweltering sun goes down) and during the day he's been Mr. Dad. I just taught a month of summer school, but the term ended this week. We've got a couple of days off before the fall semester starts next Tuesday - we get labor day off, too, I guess. Am I looking forward to the new school year? I guess part of me says yes, and part says I'd rather just hang out with my boys a bit more, like we did today. Today started with a trip to the Dr for a checkup on our little girl and then we spent the rest of the day with Yoyo and her little brother Charlie. It was such a great day of playing in the ball pit, running through the "sprinklers" and swimming that Keanu didn't get around to taking a nap and fell asleep 2 minutes after getting into his carseat at 7 pm tonight. I hope he doesn't decide that 3 am is morning!

Now, back to the morning at the doctor. We got all kinds of good news. Both Keanu (12.3 kg) and baby and I (up 2.3 kg) had gained good weight in the last month. Last time we were there, we had an ultrasound which indicated a little girl, but it also showed a small cyst on her head. The doctor wasn't too worried and said that it's probably nothing (but could indicate trisomy 18)so he'd like to do another ultrasound a month later (now) to check it out again. Well, all looked good on the ultrasound today and the cyst seems to have disappeared like he said it would if there's nothing to worry about. It looks like we've got a healthy baby girl growing inside of me!

Tomorrow we've got another errand in the morning and then a whole weekend without much of anything planned. We'll see what adventures we come up with!

What's new with you?

3 comments:

B Haack said...

Wow. . . Trisomy 18. We study that one. How stressful to wait for a month while they waited for another ultrasound! Did they talk about doing a karyotype? Glad to hear everything is going okay, now though.

Anonymous said...

So glad baby Jessica is healthy and you've got nothing to worry about. Is adorable Keanu interested in playing in some boxes at our house on Saturday?

Brenda said...

Yeah, my research on Trisomy 18 told me how serious it is and that's why we didn't want people to worry if there's nothing to worry about. The next step would have been an amniocentesis.

Her name's not Jessica! Maybe I'll just refer to her as "meimei" which is Chinese for little sister.