Saturday, September 13, 2008

Typhoon Sinlaku

No hiking this weekend. Instead we're hanging out inside and staying dry. Typhoon Sinlaku is a slow moving super typoon that is supposed to clip the NE tip of Taiwan sometime tomorrow (Sunday) morning. They're predicting 7 inches of rain in 24 hours and wind speeds of about 115mph. How does that compare with the big storms which plaque the US gulf coast, like Ike?

So, we're spending the day at home. Keanu and I made cookies this morning and they're delicious even though we didn't have any brown sugar (I forgot to bring some back from America this summer and I haven't gotten around to picking any up at the import stores yet).

After we were done mixing up the dough, I gave Keanu a couple of chocolate chips to eat. He didn't really like eating them, but they sure were fun to play with! I wonder what we should do after nap time?

1 comment:

B Haack said...

Have you read the Kochens' blog?