Not 4 years AND 4 weeks, but two separate ideas.
Yes, 4 years ago my dear husband and I tied the knot. It's hard to believe it's been 4 years already. Some things have changed (Keanu and his little sister, mostly!), but alot has remained the same. We still live in the same house (1st and 4th floor); we both still enjoy teaching; he still takes me to work in the morning like when we were dating (except now he doesn't have to drive across town at dawn to pick me up!); and we both still adore each other. I wish we could spend more time together (he works most evenings), but at least our weekends are mostly nuclear family time.
About 4 weeks from now we reach our due date. She seems to be doing well and is snug as a bug in a rug as they say. At our appointment last week, she was estimated at about 5 lbs and still breech. As long as that's the case, we'll certainly have another C-section. I'm not looking forward to the recovery with a newborn AND toddler who prefers mommy, but I suppose that's best for all of us. The official due date is Dec 17ish, but I'm content with anytime after Dec. 8 because then my maternity leave will run into Chinese New Year vacation - something I was cheated out of last time around!
By the way, according to Chinese superstition, expectant couples are not supposed to do major preparations for the baby (like moving furniture or putting the bed together) before the baby is born. The weekend before Keanu was born, we put the crib together. This week we got the crib from Kevin's sister and last night we moved Keanu's bed to make room for the crib. Still haven't put it together yet, but... we'll see!
2 comments:
Yeah for 36 weeks!
Happy Anniversary, Brenda & Kevin!
Post a Comment