I found a couple of good reasons to do some (somewhat) thorough house cleaning this weekend. We've had an ant infestation in our kitchen for months. I figured that with the toddler gone to America for most of July and no one to leave ant trails, they'd disappear on their own while we were gone. However, that obviously wasn't the case. In addition, with school starting tomorrow and a growing tummy, I figured that if it didn't get cleaned now, it wouldn't get cleaned later, either.
So, on Sunday Keanu and I started our cleaning spree in the kitchen which is where the ants seem to be. We cleaned off all the counter and wall surfaces with soap and water and Keanu washed all the utensils and stuff that normally sits on the counter. OK, well he played in the dishwater along with the non-sharp utensils, but he stayed out of the way! After he went to sleep, I set out the Terro killer under the stove burners since that's one place I often see ants running - under the cook-top! So far, the results have been quite good - not 100%, but much better than before.
Then this afternoon after building a tent,

I decided it was time to put away some "baby" toys that Keanu hasn't played with in a while. In the process, we decided to give the balls from the car tent a wash again and this time we even gave the car tent a shower! Keanu wasn't so sure about the car going into the shower, but he was much happier when he got to take a bath with a bunch of balls and a tower of cups.


With tomorrow night's bath, we'll clean up the baby toys before we put them away for a few more months!
2 comments:
Easier to post a comment than send an email so here it is. . .
Ants are yucky.
Kids are good "helpers"
I miss my "helpers"
Check Arianne's site - http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewGuestbook.do?method=executeInit
I linked her to your blog - hope that's okay!
I wish all of my showers were as fun as Keanu's baths.
Post a Comment