Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The rain is gone...

It rained all day Saturday, all day Sunday, and most of Monday. Then yesterday, the sun shone!
Keanu and I decided to go with Kevin to his tennis class in the evening. We ate at McDonald's while he taught. Keanu always gets the same McDonald's kid's meal: piece of chicken, side dish of corn (with a few raisins!) and a carton of milk. Ususally he just eats the corn and drinks the milk. This time, however, he must have been pretty hungry since he ate all of his corn (his favorite), all but about 2 bites of his chicken thigh, and then he proceeded to have most of my pint of corn chowder (this might just be a Taiwanese McD's side dish, but it sure beats FF's!). He loves the soup and makes a royal mess eating it - let's just say I was glad to have a whole package of baby wipes along.

Kevin finished his hour long lesson and was wondering what was taking us so long. I guess that's what happens when a little boy who usually survives off rice/bread, milk, and fruit finally gets something else that he likes! (Don't worry, we try to feed him a well-balance variety, but he perfers the carbs - no Atkin's diet for him!)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

PS - I don't understand how northern Taiwan could get 60 inches of rain over the weekend and not have major flooding in the cities. What's the difference between Taipei and Houston this week? I can't imagine Taipei has THAT much better of an infrastructure...

Some people say that the mountains surrounding the city have taken thr brunt of the storm damage, but still I'm perplexed. Does anyone have any answers??!!

Jen said...

Interesting the kinds of food that McDonald's serves in Taiwan... we can't get a chicken thigh, corn or chowder here!

I'm glad you survived the Typhoon without flooding!

B Haack said...

The nerdy science teacher thinks that it has to do with the amount of people and concrete in an area. There was probably plenty of flooding there, too. It just didn't happen where there were a ton of people. And the people have not tried to take over that particular piece of land. Really? 60 inches?